View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Toronto68

It's been 15 months for me. I still think I have some redness in the forehead, and of course the nose veins haven't gone anywhere. It's not high on my list now to get the veins blasted away, but it's something I might do some day. But the redness is not like it used to be, it's a lot better. It doesn't look like it is cnostant as in the past. If the redness was once at 10, then I am at 5 or less now; that's how I would describe it. My eyes are kind of bulby and I think it's a precursor to the sagging to come. I do grant that I am 42 now though. Maybe it was flattery, but I was told I looked 34 last Fall by people who were new to me and that I looked unusually young to people that have known me for years.

That's a bunch of conflicting statements, I'm sure. That's the way vanity is.

But I understand how you feel. It does feel like a badge of shame. It was a constant source of unhappiness for me, which did nothing to get me to stop drinking for another 10 years. It has gotten better for me, and I hope you will find the right combination of things you can do to improve too.

I don't talk about this topic very often, but it is one of the topics (if not THE topic) that caused me to find this site. Other people come to the site for reasons you can call vanity too.