View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

This thread really got me thinking - as I "walk" backwards in my life and look for patterns in relationships past...I dated a man about 8 years ago now who vanished. Twice. The first time, he wrote it off to stress and fear, and I decided to believe him. It was only about a month that he dropped off the face of the earth. It hurt my feelings but he seemed so sincere and sorry at the time. We started dating again, I began to relax into the relationship, and then he did it again! This time I was suspicious - and some kind of angry. I left a letter on his apartment door, telling him I expected more from a grown man and if this was the best he could do - then stay gone! I mourned for a while - I genuinely loved the guy but he had issues that I am now recognizing as alcoholism; no wonder he vanished. He did try to contact me about 8 months after I left that letter; sent me an email which I ignored. He never contacted me again after that. And I am so glad for it. Who needs that kind of drama? My RAH never disappeared...although I wished sometimes he would have... he was actually more considerate than one would expect from an alcoholic.

BabyBlue - you deserve better. Someone you can rely on who respects you enough to be considerate of your feelings. Just sayin...