View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober02232011

Fandy: LOL You are so right about the date. I just realized that myself and thought "gosh - I have a long way to go until my first two weeks of sobriety!"

I started my dietary changes a few months before sobering up - I've always been pretty good with getting my fair share of vegetables. Since I've stopped drinking, I've started consuming massive amounts of tea (herbal and regular), a little valerian root to calm me down the first few days, and I also started eating massive amounts of cauliflower to curb my newfound appetite for junk-food (which may be the culprit).

As mention in my previous post, I'll give my body a couple more weeks to adjust and contact my doctor if I don't see myself moving towards normality. Aside from the above mentioned, I actually feel better than I have in a number of years and I'm crossing my fingers that I've made it past the heft of the detox. What has me nervous is that I've read it can sometimes take atleast 6 weeks to detox ... lol

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond - I'm off to the Vitamin Shoppe to pick up a supplement called "The Ultimate Meal" to ensure that I'm getting plenty of extra nutrition!

(and I'm male - so my gyno would look at me funny) lol