Old 01-22-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TampaFL

This is actually really crazy because I am only about 3-4 days ahead of you in my progress to quitting oxycodone. I am still prescribed 270 30mg oxycodone a month for lower back problems, but I will not go back to using. This is my second time quitting and as you can see, it's not a fun process. When you read doctors, writers, etc. talk about how long the W/D's last, they usually try to say it takes one week, BS. Being that this is my second experience in doing this, I can confidently say it is a minimum 2 week process until you feel entirely back to normal, honestly no longer no further. Maybe 2-3 more days of revitalizing your body and getting a normal appetite, but that also comes with the territory. This is a SERIOUS (I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH) ADDICTION. I only got back on the drug after the first time because I am a mechanic, constantly using my back, and all of my co workers use illegally. You MUST learn to deal with this.. They will be around tempting you, and if you cant stay away you just end up like me going through it twice. Anyways, my intention isn't to lecture you, just giving you my experience. We are in similar areas and pills are everywhere down here it's disgusting. As for your question, you will experience this sleeplessness, CRAPPY cold hot and crazy sweating with some insomnia and body aches for the next week. It will go on and off in severity the longer you get. Then when it's all said and done just be the person you used to be, that is my biggest reward. I agree that doing small activities like driving a car, walking, listening to music, sitting in hot car (LOL), it really ALL DOES help, especially killing time. My girlfriend uses and is hooked, I have to deal with getting her clean next. It is very hard quitting when your girlfriend is right there stuffing herself, also a good reality check though. I will come back and see how your doing, stay strong!