View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ellis

Hi Penny,

My dad was an alcoholic. He had trouble finishing things as so do I. I dont know if it is common with ACAs, but rather an attention deficit thing atleast with me. I do have some tools that I use to help accomplish things.

If it is a large project I break it down to smaller parts giving myself a time limit in doing each part. I make a list, and check off each item after it is completed. I try the start with the things that take the longest time first. This sometimes helps just doing one small thing at a time. I always make a list every morning taking time to write down what I need to do starting with the things I did not complete the day before prioritizing what is most important.

Sometimes when I cannot get on track, and procrastination sets in I find what may help best is to do the parts I like to do the most. Or maybe just taking a break. But it is very important to limit breaks as it is very important to push onesself to get on the ball (to fight the procrastination.) And dont beat yourself up if you cannot accomplish everything as fast as you think you should.

When I accomplish something that was rather difficult to want to complete I reward myself.

It's nice to have a list that is all checked off.

I hope any of this will help you...