View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
notaloser

Thank you Nyte, Ghostly, Anti, Ispy, Isaiah, Coffee, and Dee

I went to bed still mad. But felt better when I woke up (sober). I definetly feel like I am being slammed with emotions, that I am not used to having to feel and work thru. Alcohol certainly numbed them, didn't help me work thru them, but definetly made them less painful/prominent. That "honeymoon" is over. I must feel and deal with them. I feel a bit wako these days, like right now, I feel like crying. WTH is up with that?? I even took my feelings to the treadmill, I suppose it helped a little. Feeling is hard.
Sounds stupid.

"Emotions are a part of life, so let them back in and let the emotion 'grand central station' happen. Before long, they will taper into the regular normal feelings all humans have as we live our lives. They may seem a little foreign for now, but that will fade, I'm sure."

Gosh I hope they do fade, they are making me uncomfortable.

Learning how to live with yourself in a sober environment takes some time and practice. You may be experiencing new emotions or old emotions in a different manner. As you said, you haven't had that many feelings in the past 2-3 years.

"This is a new experience for you and there is a learning curve. You are like a new pirate who hasn't gotten your sea legs. It takes a little time and effort to adjust to your new life, but it typically gets easier with practice, being gentle to yourself, and allowing some time to adjust. As the saying go, this too shall pass."

My husband thinks I'm "cold" (not in a mean way) cause I never cry at sad movie, while he weeps like a baby. Wonder if I'll turn into a cryer??

I am honestly scared of my emotions.