View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chloe03
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Carlos...don't even think about drinking! It just not the answer my friend.

The stress of dealing with two ailing parents is ultimately what led me to drinking myself into a stupor! For years, I spent my days in and out of hospitals, going to Dr's appts and rehab facilities. I worked full-time and made myself the "official" full-time caregiver. Rarely sleeping and always worrying. In the end, I gave up drinking because it just wasn't helping me deal with the stresses anymore. I needed a clear head and a healthy body. I needed to be on top of my game so I can deal with whatever comes my way. Plus, my friends were starting to worry about me! The "strong one" was cracking under the pressure. And my self-esteem was taking a major nosedive.

I'm not going to lie to you....it has not been easy for me to stay sober these last 2 months. I have cravings every single day. But in the end, I find strength in you and the rest of my SR friends. And that's what keeps me going. Just knowing that there's someone out there that understands my pain.

I hope you find a way to push those negative thoughts aside and continue on your sober journey. We're all here pulling for you.

Stay strong,

-2 :ghug3