View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
FT

Day 4-5, feeling better

Hi all,

I just wanted to check in and report how I feel, in case anyone else is going through the hell of withdrawals from oxycodone like I am. I had no idea I couldn't just stop taking this drug until I saw my use increasing and increasing, and not feeling as good as I used to feel with smaller doses. In fact, feeling sick any time I wasn't within 2 hours of a dose. That scared me, and I didn't think I would be able to live normally without the drug.

Well, I am now FOUR DAYS OFF OXYCODONE. There should be none of the drug left in my system now, and for the first time this morning I did not wake up sick. I am having a few stomach cramps this morning, but I feel more clear headed than I have in -- years? I hope this is not a fleeting feeling, and I don't yet feel well enough to start exercising. After two total knee replacements last year, I need to be back walking and bicycling. The first few weeks on oxycodone postoperatively, it actually felt good to do those things. The last few months on the drug, I did virtually NOTHING and gained probably 40 pounds.

I still crave the drug, and if I had a bottle of pills in front of me and no one was looking, I know I would immediately swallow a few. Then I am pretty sure I'd be back up to as many as I could find someone to prescribe for me a day.

But I have a good husband and a strong resolve to stay off this drug. If I need surgery in the future, I will not be the holder of my pills. My husband swears that MONEY is the root of this drug. He thinks that it is designed to hook you so that the drug companies can make money. I can't fault the detox people, but unfortunately, they also profit from this drug. I can't tell you (or maybe you already know, too) how many solicitations I have gotten on the internet for detoxing places. Also, unfortunately, someone has hacked into some of the search terms so that when you look for help, what you get is a list of internet pharmacies that will sell you the drug. I have never given in to that. I always feared it would not be oxycodone in the pill, and I would get sicker. Or that it was a hook to catch people illegally buying drugs online. But I tell you -- I was close to trying it.

Anyway, I have hope this morning.

Thanks for listening.