View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
yonanjan

My higher power is NA. It is the collective consciousness of all of us (WE) in NA. It is the power greater than me that has given me a blueprint for living. I do the program of NA and I engage in the fellowship. I can not deny that when I am in the company of addicts and we are clean that I am in the presence of a higher power. I mean who did that? Who took away my incessant using......I could not stop using no matter what! Who relieved that? That is my higher power! NA introduced me to this power. All I had to do was keep coming back, not pick up and use, get a sponsor and work the steps. Man, when the obsession to use left me, I was astonished. This stuff works! Amazing!
I knew NA was my higher power but never proclaimed it because I was born Catholic and a part of me thought that proclaiming NA as my higher power was sacrilegious. Then I heard these speaker tapes on spirituality where this Catholic priest/monk said to get rid of all your old ideas and to believe in the 12 step fellowiship. And it happened. He gave me permission to proclaim that NA is my higher power. I felt this warmth come over me. It was the love of my higher power. I made conscious contact and I cried. It is so beautiful and it has been right in front of me, of us, all the time. I felt the unconditioning love that I longed for. I still can't stop crying because its so overwhelming. When I am in a meeting this power is there too. Amazing.

Believe in NA. NA works. Believe in NA and your higher power will be revealed.