View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Phoenixthebird
Rising from the Ashes

LaTeeDa, I guess having an "extensive network of professionals you could tap in to for referrals, recommendations, and help in this time of need" was helpful. However, it, also, presents its' own set of problems at the same time. I have this professional side of me that I tried to maintain, and yet, my private side was caught in the mud and sinking. My current therapist and I have known each other for over twenty years, so we could just sit down and immediately work on my recovery. We already knew each other so we didn't have to take the time to build trust. Each therapist is as different as their personality is unique. My therapist, my friend, is a straight-shooter, without adding any sugar, to his recommendations. He has made comments to me that my first instinct is to get upset with him, but after I have thought about what he has said to me, most of the time he's right! After my daughter's completed suicide I decided it was in my best interest to switch careers.

HealingWillCome, early in my education and training I realized I could not work with children. I have always treasured children as special gifts from God, and they are my weak point. I could not have been an effective therapist with children because all children in general touch me in my heart. I have no pity for anyone that can harm an innocent child.

MY closing prayer:
I might wish you wealth,
or I might wish you health,
or that good fortune would caress you...
But wealth might bring sorrow,
good health could fail tomorrow,
so IŽll simply say GOD Bless You!!!