View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SkyLight

Steve1840... Your words are my thoughts... Pretty much exactly. My addict boyfriend "let me go" 4 weeks ago now (and 1 day). Yes, I know it's pathetic that I know down to the day. He broke up with me because he said he loved me and didn't want me to continue to suffer because of him. He said he wanted to go to rehab when I left and conquer his addiction. Instead he had another woman and her son move in less than two weeks after I left town. According to him, she is just his roommate. I can ONLY somewhat believe this because that means she would be paying some kind of rent or utilities at least. It kills me, though, to think of him having any kind of relationship with her. I still love him a great deal. I spent the last 3 years with him, the last 2 trying to help him battle this addiction. He is my best friend. He is now ignoring me completely and will not return my texts or calls. I don't know if this is because he is now seeing this new woman or what the deal is with that. He spoke to my sister earlier this week and told her that he was not speaking to me for a while for my own sake, because I was having issues letting go, but he also told me sister some other things that I had supposedly done and said which are untrue. I don't know what the truth about anything is. All I know is that despite the fact that I do not want to go back to the miserable life I had with him, I still love & miss him so much that it hurts. I think about him constantly. I feel like I'm addicted to an addict.