View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Lady,

This is a very old thread. Maybe you'd like to start a new one so you can introduce yourself and we can get to know you?

I was married to two alcoholics--one recovered (and is still recovered, 30 years later) and the other went back to drinking. I remember trying to figure out where the second one was hiding his wine. It turned out he had a box of red wine in the trunk of his car--I still wonder how he got it up to our sixth floor apartment in a glass without getting odd looks in the elevator!

Later, I became an alcoholic, myself, and I became quite crafty at hiding the bottles from the guy I was living with (who seldom drank)--my favorite trick was to pour into small pint bottles and hide them in between the trash can liner and the trash can in the computer room, so I could "top off" my drinks without being seen.

Yes, alcoholics have to sneak and lie, because they do not want to stop. They do not want anyone rocking the boat. They want to be left alone to their drinking.

I suggest you check out some Al-Anon meetings. You will learn that you didn't CAUSE his drinking, you can't CONTROL it, and you can't CURE it. There are, however, things you can do that will make your own life a lot saner and help you to make good choices about how to proceed with your own life--with or without him.