View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ananda

Work the steps, go to meetings, and follow your own heart..your own compass....

I know many who came into the program with relationships that started in sickness...and they grew to good relationships within the dedication and caring of those two participants.

I can tell you the number of people who I know who came in the program and BY CHOICE had no relationships in the first year...ZERO lol

There is no majic place to start having relationships...and relationships are life...they are what they are.

I believe from my reading of the big book that they talk about those relationships that come out of the immediate connection cause we are all seeking sobriety...those relationships are sobriety relationships...not relationships of the romantic variety...girl meets boy on AA campus is about mistaking a connection to another due to our common expereince with alchoholism as being "life love"

If you have a good sponsor...talk to them...they will help you find the questions to ask yourself ...not give you thier answers....we each have our own. Stay sober...be as honest with yourself as you can...and you will learn and grow on your own path.