Old 10-21-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EaglesNest

That's great glitter that my experiance is helping you!

I forget what day it is but my experiance of doing a taper as recomended by Oxycontin and Oxycodone instructions seems to be working. I am staying steady at one third and feel good mentally and phyically. I am still having an ordinary life. I do not feel high, no euphoria. I am just keeping the physical side effects of total withdrwal at bay.

I know I am still sick and have admitted my addiction I think is the main point for me! What a step that was.

Being an addict and not taking more has taken, a lot of willpower the first day but less each day after.

I don't think this is insanity as I never tried before and it is working. I still have some major stress issues in my life with family members health and a major surgery coming up for one, nothing has changed there except that I am not covering up by running for a pill. I just take a third of what doctor had given me in the first place, as scheduled. It is keeping the back pain down to tolerable level and kept away major withdrawls from my cold turkey attempts which I think was insanity as I tried over and over and over and always thought it would work.

This is not medical advice just what the drug manufacturer recomends and what my experiance with that is. Always follow your docotrs advice.

I really hope this helps someone else and is giving back to the sobreity site here that I have recieved so much help from.