Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sugardaddy

My girlfriend is having problems with her AA meeting

Hi,
First post here. My gf has recently admitted herself (for a third time) to her local AA group. She went on her own free will and I am happy she is going. She lives in a rural area so there are not many options with meetings and what not. Here is her dilemma:

After her first meeting a fellow attendee pulled up next to her in her car and was trying to get her phone number. This was last Thursday.

Tuesday a different attendee showed up at her work ( she is a waitress and was not working that day). He had another employee call her. When she answered he was put on the phone and he was trying to get her phone number and offered her a trip to the bahamas.

These are complete strangers to her. It is very difficult for her to get the courage to go to these meetings. It is even more difficult when situations like this go on.

She is SCARED.

My questions are:
1) Does AA offer female only meetings? If not, is it possible to start one? Remember, we reside in a small town (less than 10,000)

2) Who can she write/email to and address these problems?

I understand that some of these attendees have to be there. Unlike my gf, they may not want to be there, but the courts order them. Therefore, she is amongst scum in my opinion (wife beaters, abusive fathers, etc). This is a very serious situation. My gf needs to get well and is trying. What steps can we take.

I offered to go to her last meeting, but I would not have been there in time after work.

She is talking to her preacher as well.