View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Maybe look at this this way D -

How good do you feel about yourself, your life, your place being all clean, the friends you've made, the "connectedness" you have with life now, .....you maybe even are starting to realize a connection with a HP of your understanding....

Did ya ever "feel" that sort of stuff before? Even before drinking kicked in? I doubt it.

Here's the kicker......you stick with this deal.....you keep working the program, working the steps, living the steps and principles to the best of your ability......and what you feel now will grow about 100x bigger and more powerful.

Guess what, were it NOT for all those years of pain, you never would have done ANY of this stuff....and you wouldn't be reaping the rewards for doing it now. All those years in the past.....so what. Can't do anything about 'em now can ya? All you've got is today and today's prolly pretty darn good BECAUSE of all that pain....that led to AA......that led to surrendering......that led to getting the feeling you get to enjoy NOW.

All we've got is this present moment and, compared to your past present moments, this one's pretty darn good... and it's the result of all those past moments leading up to where you are now.

I'm not proud of a lot of my past.....but I'm glad it happened because without allllll that pain and humiliation, I never would have considered trying this stuff......and "this stuff" is making all the difference in my life - NOW - when and where it counts.

All that said......... it prolly took me a couple YEARS to think and/or mean any of what I just wrote. So, if you "just don't get it right now" that's ok.... maybe you will someday. Why doncha stick around and find out!

-- IN FACT, I DARE YA TO! xoxo