Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pinkfirefly

Did You Drink During Pregnancy, And Everything was fine with baby

Hey. I am an alcoholic and I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I never drank at all with my first pregnancy. and then after having her I got post partum severely, and turned to alcohol. drank very heavily every night for about six months. Then I accidentally got pregnant with my 2nd child. and every since I have cut down and scaled back on the drinking a lot. I'm not binge drinking heavily every night. I've actually only been drinking about 1-2 drinks per week, milder drinks, not like vodka. tho, vodka was my drink of choice before getting pregnant. and I have had maybe about two slip ups during this pregnancy, where I binge drank. but only two times. My ultra sound for the baby looked very good. baby was developing nicely, and my doctor said he didn't see any signs of fas or anything. I'm so scared about every thing. I've been trying to do the best I can to not drink at all. It is so hard tho. Its all I think about and crave. and I try to over power the craving, but its like it has so much control over me. I'm proud of myself tho, I think I've been doing pretty well, all things considered. Its not like I'm getting trashed every night. or at all anymore. I havn't touched a drop of alcohol in over two weeks now. and trying hard not too. What about you. any one been in this situation during pregnancy, how did you deal with it, and if you did drink at all during the pregnancy, how did it turn out for the baby. I'm hoping and praying that baby will be born healthy. part of me thinks that every thing will be ok with baby, since I have cut down so much, and havn't been drinking that much. but part of me is scared, of what if? thanks so much. please don't judge or be mean. I already feel bad enough, and horrible about myself.