Old 09-28-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Evon

I think right now it is good to focus on your sobriety, because it takes a lot of work on your part to want to change. Yes, there will be people there telling you to do this and that, but it's up to you to decide what you'd like to do with the suggestions. I'll share something I learned in group today, which was about grief. When we stop drinking it as though we've lost someone. It might not be someone, but it was apart of your life for so long and was like a friend. Now that it's gone it's hard to deal with the many emotions of not having your friend there anymore. There was talk about the 5 stages of grief and how the ultimate goal was acceptance so that you can be ready to experience lasting sobriety. So it's good to remember that because it's all very new there are a lot of things going on, because I know in the beginning, I didn't know where to begin.

I know I had all these emotions in the beginning and I found writing, which I usually did anyway, but never my true emotions, is what has helped me a lot. It's also a great to look back on when say you have a week, 2 weeks, a month, to see if their are any things that are reoccurring and what you can do about it. I also have been running a lot just to let go of daily stress that I usually keep buried within.
Sending you some positive thoughts