View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

It passed!!! My proposal to do a big book step study was voted in at my home group during a group conscious meeting. This is huge being that this group has read only the 12 & 12 book for at least the past 10 years.

What helped it pass was the big book step study guide that bballdad first suggested. It seemed like people became more accepting to this format because of the structure and following the steps in order and showing where the steps are in the Big Book. If it was just reading the first 164 pages out of the Big Book without this structure I don't think it would have passed.

So I want to thank bballdad for letting me know about this as well as everyone else's suggestions. I did have to compromise however as the group will probably want to alternate the 14 week big book study with the 12 week 12 & 12 book. This would mean going through the big book and the 12 & 12 two times each in a given year. But I am excited that we get to read out of the big book and hopefully bring in more people and get more people interested. Once again thanks for everyone's help.