View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 05:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Snick

Thanks Chillgal. I knew there had to be people out there that knew exactly what I am feeling. I have to keep remininding myself, one day at a time.
Lizzy you asked how I am today. Well, just when I think things are going to improve I start to wonder again. We had a great time Monday with the family, went to work Tuesday and spent the evening together watching a movie. I asked about his schedule, Wednesday - volunteer for prison meeting out of town (5-10pm), we ate dinner together and he left. Thursday - normal group meeting (usually 8-9:30pm). I got home yesterday after a rough day at work, very busy as my assistant is on vacation for 2 weeks. I was really looking forward to spending some time with my husband. He got a dinner invitation from his sponsor and wife to go before the 8:00 meeting. He got home at 4:45pm and left at 5:00pm. He didn't invite me to go to dinner with them, it didn't occur to him! I don't understand how he thinks we can have a relationship seeing eachother for 1 hour 15 minutes in 2 days. Why couldn't he take a raincheck on the dinner for next week? He had just been with these people the night before when they went to prison meeting (an hour in the car each way). I am so frustrated! I want him to have AA in his life and the people that are important to him, but I want to feel like and be one of the important people too. We use to be best friends and did everything together. This is tough. Maybe today will bring some smiles! According to his plans for the week he is available tonight, we will see if it changes. He is busy tomorrow with a special speaker meeting. I definately think we need some counseling at this point, we saw a marriage/family counselor about 3 years ago. I wasn't impressed with the counselor, we didn't seem to get to the root of any problem. Thanks for listening. Have a great day.