Old 07-19-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
snowman76

Originally Posted by monkey1 View Post
Hey Dave, I hope you are feeling better soon, or can get some help, that sounds scary. I am taking neurontin for pain (along with a narcotic which I abuse). My pain dr. suggested that he'd like to replace both with suboxone in a couple of months if the pain has not resolved. I have also been told that neurontin does not produce withdrawals per se but can causes seizures if stopped abruptly. This will certainly be a discussion point at my next appointment. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, but am glad you posted this.

Cleansing, from my experience, too, you're right about neurontin producing a high. I get a fairly strong drunk feeling from it. I told my dr. about it and he keeps saying that feeling goes away as the body acclimates to the drug. It's never gone away for me.

Has anyone used suboxone for pain aside from getting off opiates?
Just wanted to comment your the post about Neurontin producing a high. I was told from the beginning that it can make you feel "drowsy" or a bit "off balance". I never really noticed it that much. But along with the Methadone that I was taking, it certainly made me drowsy virtually all the time. I spent a butt load of $ on Monster energy drinks and coffee during that time just so I could drive myself to and from work every day.

I can completely disagree about it NOT causing withdrawal symptoms. They may not be as severe as an opiate withdrawal, but you'll definitely know if you stop taking them.