View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
timbo555

Luck has nothing to do with it...

Spryte,

My life has been unmanageable for me since before my very first drink, during long periods of abstinence, and when I was back drinking again. I needed some help and a fresh perspective. I got it from working the steps and trusting others. This may not help you, but here's what resonated for me when I first heard it:

We were having trouble with personal relationships, we couldn't control our emotional natures, we were a prey to misery and depression, we couldn't make a living, we had a feeling of uselessness, we were full of fear, we were unhappy, we couldn't seem to be of real help to other people…. When we saw others solve their problems by a simple reliance upon the Spirit of the Universe, we had to stop doubting the power of God. Our ideas did not work. But the God idea did." "We Agnostics" P. 52 "Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous"

As an aside, let me suggest that if you are just starting your spiritual journey, try not to figure too much out. How it works" doesn't tell me how it works. It tells me what to do. I haven't lived your life. You cannot experience my sobriety. Trust the process.

Faith is a verb.
Do the work that faith requires.

BB First Edition Quoted

Last edited by CarolD; 07-21-2010 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added Source per SR guideline