View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ChristinaW

That is a great questions.

Your own best thinking got you here.

That to me means a lot. To me, it is saying that all the times i tried to lie to myself about not having a problem, or trying to contol my drinking, or becuase i was intoxicated on a daily basis, the decisions I made to drive, to not pay a bill so that I could buy my booze, to get a babysitter so I could drink all weekend without worrying about my child, to calling into work becuase i had a hangover, to lying to all the people that i loved to hide my drinking.

These were my best ways of thinking, or dealing with my life, MY WAY!! My way is what got me here. My way was not working anymore, if it ever did at all. My way made me miserable and wanted to give up on life. Now, when i got in the program and decided to put "my way" down and try a different way, getting a sponsor and started my steps, and finding a higher power, my life started getting a little better. Better than anything I could have done by myself. I know, i have tried that before many times and doing things on my terms never worked out before.

Alcohol is but a SYMPTOM of the disease called alcoholism.