View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
loublou

Hi all. Ok, an update. Went to the docs. Blood pressure is normal, heart sounds are normal. She asked me a bunch of questions and checked me over.
Now I have to have blood tests and then possibly and ECG depending on the results. The doc said I'm presenting no symptoms of heart problems, EXCEPT that I tell her about the weird feeling in my chest (like my bra stap is too tight) and then she said that worries her! I told her all about my period of heavy drinking, and that now I've stopped completely (over 4 months now) and asked if it could be in some way alcohol withdrawal. She said no. Symptoms are completely different!
I now have to wait just over 2 weeks til they can fit me in for blood tests!
The thing is....I am SURE it is related to alcohol in some way. When I drank quite a bit over the christmas period, I never got a single symptom!
Because I've not drunk for months, the symptoms are getting easier but they're still there! I read on the net somewhere (ages ago) that you can suffer from anxiety from alcohol withdrawal and that it could last between 3 and 12 months but my doc had never heard this!!! I only ever saw that one paper about this, but no one else has a clue what I'm on about.
It's so frustrating cos I'm adamant that alcohol is in some way to blame for my symptoms.
Does anyone else understand me, and is it possible that it's merely stress symptoms probably brought on by the cessation of alcohol??
I'm at my wits end now

Thanks for everyone's response by the way. It's much appreciated