View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
namommy

For me, sex and drugs went hand in hand. When I used my sexual interests were bizarre to say the least. When I was prostituting, I came across alot of men who DESIRED sex while using, but were unable to perform once they put the drugs in their system. (I should say this happened with Cocaine). Heroine on the other hand was a different story. They could perform forever, but not complete the mission. (not to be crude, but we called it dope d***).

After I got clean, sex was my first substitute. It was my new drug of choice. My therapist at rehab suggested SLA, but I didn't go. I had been acting out with my first sponsor (we would go to sex clubs, strip poker games, etc). We would joke that if we were to go it would be to pick up relapsers.

I think the drugs just enhance a desire or drive that is already there. We are addicts and are sensitive to anything that feels good and takes us away from reality for a while.

I've been taught to open up and be honest about EVERYTHING if it is going to help someone else. I can't change the things I've done in my past, but I can turn them around and use the experience to do good things today.