View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
InternetJunky

Decreased blood pressure (no longer get that "red" face like I did when I drank or when I was stressed out)
I'm closing in on day 7 and have lost 11 pounds (also on a strict diet with intense workout routine though)
Better bowel movements
More energy
The anxiety is gone now - just give it some more time it'll pass patience is key your body is adjusting to how it is really supposed to function on its own
I used to have chest pains with a shortness of breath from the high blood pressure - no longer have that
SLEEP - god how I love it. The feeling of waking up and feeling refreshed is unmatched with anything else. Not like those mornings with a wicked hangover wanting to just lay there all day.

Edit to add: I believe the weight loss would be almost expected since in reality, depending on how much alcohol one consumes in a night (say 12 beers @ 100 calories each) that's 1,200 calories LESS than the normal diet for the day. If one was to cut alcohol out of the diet and continue to eat the same thing they always have I would expect to see weight loss until the body adjusted to the current caloric intake. I could be wrong, but IMO, it makes sense. Keep in mind one pound of fat is equal to about 3,500 calories.