View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

Awesome Dave! I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but you did a great thing for you and your recovery by talking to your doctor. That's a big move and you should be proud of that. Think back to oh, say...2 months ago or so, while in active addiction. Picture yourself calling your doctor and telling him to cut off your opiate supply. Better chance of ice skating in he!!, right? Big changes, good stuff.

I know what you mean by feeling there is not much 'entertainment' to be had when you are low on funds. The study nook is a great idea! And think of the $$ you'll be saving from not filling the Rx. You can buy yourself an ice cream cone! Or take your wife for dinner + movie night. Speaking of which...and I am a lady myself so how do keep this PC? When I was actively using, I didn't have much interest in anything other than...well, using. Soon after I stopped...my mojo came back. Hello, Time Filler! Enough said

You are doing great, Dave - keep up the good work! Please do post some pictures of your board!!! Have you thought about trying a meeting?

P.S. The last (and hopefully final!) time I detoxed, my doctor rx'ed Clonidine. I would say it cut my w/d symptoms by 50%, if not more (and I am a big baby when it comes to w/d pain.) For me, it really helped with the sweating/regulating temp., racing heart and head, and anxiety...also reduced that g-d awful cold, gross feeling in the pit of my stomach. By reducing all of these symptoms, I was less tense, so the muscle aches were more managable as well. Personally, I was rx'ed a low dose 3x/daily, however, it did make me very tired so my doctor agreed that I should take it in the evening only...unless I was really bad during the day.