View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DiggityDave

I reluctantly had that conversation with him; you folks obviously have far more experience in this than I do, so I followed your advice. He was very supportive, and prescribed Clonidine for detox. Hopefully it'll help.

As for staying busy, luckily work absorbs 8 hours per day. I'm a Project Manager, so I spend my days interacting with people in one form or another. Even through my addiction, I worked out five days per week, and now more than ever that habit is really helping me cope. The endorphins from exercising hard get me pumped up and feeling positive, which is very valuable.

The hardest part is when I get home. I have a wonderful and loving wife, but we're on one income while she studies, so our budget is paper thin, which severely limits our entertainment options. For me, that pretty much means TV, video games, and internet. I am overdue to get my PMP certification (Project Management Professional), so I've created a study area and placed my study guides there as motivation. I'm not quite mentally ready to engage that, but I'm close. That'll definitely help.

Overall, I'm feeling better than I was a few days ago. I'm hoping the Clonidine helps me sleep at night; according to Wiki, it helps combat insomnia, so here's hoping.

For those of you new to detox or trying over and over again, I tell you to be strong, have hope, and it'll get better. It's only been a week for me, and I already feel somewhat better. Thank you all for the support and kind words so far, they are heartfelt. I'll keep updating as I go along, and will probably post a photo of my vision board to hopefully offer some inspiration.