View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DiggityDave

New - Percocet Addiction

I'm completely new to the site, stumbled on it while doing a search for substance abuse forums. At the start, I had access to Vicodin, and I would take maybe one every other day, than one per day. Two years ago I was diagnosed with a pinchsed nerve, and they gave me a prescription for 120 10/325 Percocet per month. Problem is, over the last two years, I've found myself running out of pills too early, to the point where over the last 5 months, my 120 pills are gone in two weeks. Every month I tell myself that I'll take my four pills per day and that's it, but next thing you know, I'm out. I have zero self control.

Also, I originally smoked pot for 12 years basically non-stop, and when that stopped, the pills came into my life not long after.

My wife and I had a talk about my problem over the weekend after she realized I was running very low on pills, and today is my first day attempting to quit. I've done some reading here, and I really admire so many of your stories, which give me hope.

I know I just started, and I expect it to get worse before it gets better. On the bright side, I have a job that keeps me busy, I go to the gym every day, and I have a wife who's very concerned and there for me. I just need to find that place that lets me realize life can be normal without being high, and that's the worst part for me.

Anyhow, I just wanted to introduce myself. I wish those of you trying to recover the very best of luck and success.