View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sheeesh

Thank you for all your reponses. Just to clarify a few things...his drink of choice is vodka, straight vodka by the handles. He gets cleaned up stays sober for a month of so takes his first drink and then drinks by the handle at his worse. It's usually a quick spiral downward then he's back off to rehab - after detox, where he suffer's grand mal seizures and ends up in ICU. He's never gotten violent, but I am scared of him because of how crazy and desperate he gets. He's been verbally abusive, has yelled and cussed at us both and I just won't tolerate it. Drinking and driving are an everyday decision he makes. He's not gotten arrested, pulled over, etc. YET. But it terrifies me that he's out on the street, not only for all the innocent potenial victims of his carelessness but also for my own family and relatives who live near me and could be on the street and any given time during his visits. So yes, he drinks and drives and comes to my house after he's been drinking. Sometimes he acts "normal" and I can just smell it on him other times he's just biligerent. His parents, alcholoics themselves I suspect, are untrustworthy. They cover for him, make excuses for his drinking, hide things from me, lie to me and all I'm honestly trying to do is protect my child and keep her safe. Even though my relationship with his parents is rocky, if I knew she'd be safe with him under their supervision I'd have no issue letting her go over there for his visits. But I can't trust them and I'm at the point where I don't even want her around his parents alone, regardless if he's there or not. I can't take the chance of anything happening to my little girl. Although this has been rough for my daughter, so far I thinks she's pulled through incredibly. She's very confident and happy, doing good in school and other activities. I just want to do what I can to protect her and keep her this amazing little girl that she is. I don't want her father to break her because of his selfishness and choices. Her father claims to want to be a part of her life, but to me it's just a control issue and a way for him to continue manipulating our lives. Actions speak louder than words and so far his words have been lies and he's CHOSEN to continue drinking. When is enough, enough?