View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

Sorry if that was, uh, heated - I didn't mean to offend you Beck. It just makes me mad when drs do stupid $hit. You know how you hear these 'horror stories' about people coming off of Suboxone and Subutex? Man, I've heard it time and time again. People feel good and 'normal' on ORT, they're working their recovery - it's all fluffy and bunnies and cupcakes and rainbows. They decide 'hey, I can do this! I don't need this stuff!" or some idiot on some forum somewhere tells them they are NOT sober on SUB and they are still tied to the dope man. (or some dr tells that to test themselves by skipping 3 days, cough. Seriously, WHAT?!) And then the person jumps off from doses that are way too high without being weaned/tapered properly, or they start trying to mess with doses or 'skip' days to 'test' themselves...all of a sudden, they're in the same pain they were as coming off their DOC and BOOM...relapse. Wash, rinse, repeat - there's your horror story. ORT CAN WORK SUCCESSFULLY if you choose to work it successfully. Just SAYIN! (jumpin off high horse now, my butt hurts!)