View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
change4penny

Becky...I think you should listen to your doctor because, well, he IS a doctor. I know for me, I went from 16mg to 8mg with no problem physically....then, from 8mg to 4mg...really no problem physically...then for 4mg to 2mg, no problem. However, emotionally I've kinda been up and down. Once I get to 1mg, I'm gonna stay there for a little while. Just take it easy, and follow through with your plans. You'll do fine. Honestly, these nightmare stories about withdrawl...I haven't really experienced it...yet anyway. And, most importantly, with my taper, I honestly haven't craved any opiates....this is why I've said that I believe the subs are a great recovery tool and taking them just to avoid withdrawl in the beginning of your recovery, then jumping off just isn't a good idea. You have to have a strong recovery in place while on subs...yeah, being able to stop taking opiates is a good thing, but having on going recovery without relapses is even better...I know for me, the subs have helped me so much and I thank God that I've had the opportunity to be on them.

Take care,

Penny