Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

I am so so SO sorry to hear this!!! This is called Precipitated w/d and I know how AWFUL it can feel!! I had to go off sub for a surgical procedure and was prescribed painkillers for a week following. I started back on the sub too early and BOOM precipitated w/d. B/c the Buprenorphine in the sub attaches to the receptors in your brain so tightly, when you already have opiate filling the receptors in, the bup knocks this right off, sending you into immediate w/d. Worst and most painful 24 hrs of my life. Drs usually use what they call a 'COWS' score to measure the level of w/d you are in, but unfortunately they don't always get it right and each person will react differently. My dr told me if this ever happens again you really need to wait until you are good and sick to induct with the sub. Follow your drs orders at this point. My dr told me to keep taking the sub and you should stabilize within 72 hrs, and DON't use to try to stop the w/d - it won't work, and you put yourself at risk of OD'ing. But follow what your dr says at this point, and I know you will be feeling better soon!