View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Nyte Byrd

I guess it all depends on what the number of beers is accomplishing. The 'cutting' down thing never worked for me. If it did, then I was probably not an alcoholic or an addict.

If I got buzzed on six cans, why would I even need the next six then? Was the 'buzz' the ultimate goal or intention? I had to realize, not everyone drinks to get 'buzzed'. Some can and do stop at one or two, though for the life of me, I can't comprehend that.

In my case, what difference would it have really made whether I cut down shooting three bags of dope to two bags of dope, if I was still getting off on the two bags?

For me, it was either total abstinance or total oblivion.
And once I did one, it would eventually lead to more.
And I could never predict the places I would end up that would alter my initial intentions of so called 'cutting' down. It always seemed to end up just a temp fix.

I would always end up justifying somehow, 'being I'm drinking these six, I may as well just do what I REALLY want to do, so why stop here!'

I have to wonder what would compel someone to seek help on a 'sober recovery' forum on how to cut down.

I would think most here are seeking recovery. Not how to remain active drinkers.

The initial question was 'is drinking only six bad'?

If one believes they are an alcoholic, my question would be, does anyone think that is good?

If one thinks they are not, and one is having no problems as a result...well, hey, party on, dude!!

If one day, even six has bad results, at least you will know where you can go to get help. That's the good news.