View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Delivered

How Long before the DTs stop

Well, I've been on the oxy for 3 to 4 years now for my back and I was taking 240 MG daily for 6 or 8 months. Naturally it stopped working and they wanted me to go to Morphine. I realized I had chosen a dope dealer for a pain consultant doctor.
So without telling him I began to cut back little at a time. Who needs a dope dealer to get you off the drugs he put you on. It took a year or so to get down to 45 a day and being sick of fooling with it i thought I could go the rest of the way CT.
Cutting back is a real chore, you have to cut back and fight a while then take a week or two off and hold what you got. Then start working your way down some more. I had more chopped up oxy pills that the pharmacy. Had I been a dealer, from what I've heard I could have gotten rich off those things.
I started last Sun. night at 4 when when I took my last dose.
I thought I,d suffer 3 days or so and that would be the end of it.
5 days later, I think I might be a little better, but hot baths two or three times a night to get maybe an hour sleep has come down to 1 last night, but my wife said open your mouth, and she through a couple of the nastiest pill I ever tasted and said here, now drink some water. I slept the rest of the night. Soma.
I had been using Xanax and ambien. Im now tappering off the Xanax, the ambien wasn't doing much anyway.
But this has wasted a lot of time suffering and I don't have any energy. DTs still comes in waves but seem to be fewer and less severe.

If I had it to do over again, I think I would have just kept tapering off till I was done.
In fact I almost did the second day.

At this point of my detox, any ideas would be appreciated. I'm on day 5 now,
when will this be over?