View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Live

Oh, geez...I just picked up the med
I recently just dropped the klonopin that I asked for to replace the xanax...about a month ago..and I didn't have to per my Dr (1.5 mg/day)
The xanax wore off too soon and the klonopin made me overly tired. I would have accepted valium..but he wasn't going for that. What is the difference, I wonder, if he was going to scrip me klonopin? They are both benzos. I couldn't get high off them if I tried after being prescribed 7 mg xanax a day! HELLO!
okay, he scripted me Vistaril...which now that I have picked it up, I recognized the capsules immediately as being worthless to me..and it is an antihistimine which I am opposed to already.
I went ahead and took one...I will try rather than shoot it out of the water first thing but past experience tells me it is useless.....when the OTC antihistime/sleep aid wears off it usually leaves me way more anxious, especially with certain hormonal changes. It is a total ick for me.
We talked about seroquel...I did not want to do that...but if it comes down to this constant being awake for 36 hours at a time and bad freaking nightmares..I will do the seroquel...even tho' I consider it a zombie med.
GABA left me feeling strange and bloated if I recall correctly? I was warned not to take the full amount suggested too. ??
Good luck!
Let me know if you ever find anything that helps!!!
I agree with you that the anxiety is worse than the depression.
I can medicate the depression and stay stable.
Not so with the anxiety.
And getting off the benzos is freaking miserable!
Have you tried trazadone? That worked for me for a long while and then it started making the nightmares even worse.
I did get too frustrated this week and started taking them again last Thursday...not bad so far, but today I did wake up anxious and stressed.
From experience it works well at first, then I get used to them and the nightmares become unbearable.
Hope this helps some!
hugs,
Live