View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
utopia

hi, i found myself relating to your post.

my sister doesnt contact me like that but at family gatherings i find her to be very hypersensitve and the last occasion she was bascially yelling at me and calling me names because i was "being difficult" about ordering food from menu.

in alanon i learnt that i cant control my sister or her thinking, i cant cure her and i cant cause her issues, im not responsible for her because i cant be, i dont actually have the authority or power to do that even if i wanted to. but i can love her.

so ive set boundaries, ive told her my feelings in a way to be honest but not mean when i say it, ive told her i love her, ive tried to address her list of things shes upset with me about, still sadly, we dont have a relationship to speak of, she is my only sibling so it hurts but alanon is a great support for me because sadly with alcoholism we do suffer losses....but alanon helps me know that we can lessen our grief and problems with using the program tools and suggestions, they def work for me and ease my mind.