View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 07:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

My ex was in prison.. in my state they have resources to help the inmate with employment. Our local employment office posts jobs that are recovery act jobs.
It may be harder to get a job, but if he really wanted it, he would checking out every
option available.

My exAH doc was meth. He had the sores and picking after he'd been using. I seem to remember them clearing up when he had some clean time. He also had a terrible chemical like odor when he'd try to kiss me... or in his sweat like after working.

I felt the way you do when I first found out about my AH's addiction. I thought I could talk him in to getting better, love him a little more, do things to make it a little easier on him... if he didn't have stress, he wouldn't use. I finally learned that nothing *I* did could get him better. He had to make that decision to quit on his own because he was sick and tired of using.

SR is a wonderful place of learning and support. Be sure to read all the sticky posts at the top of the forum, learn all you can about addiction so you know exactly what you are up against. It is a roller coaster of a life living with a front row seat to active addiction. But we can learn how to not let it affect us. We can take care of ourselves.