View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ZombieWife

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Having a clean pee test every 3 days is not an indication he is clean. Not only am I a recovering codependent, but also a recovering addict/alcoholic. Meth was my drug of choice, along with alcohol. Meth flushes out of the system very quickly.

I'd suggest sitting down and asking yourself just what are you getting out of this friendship?
Some Meth does not stay in your system long at all. This is true.

My husband would still fuss with arm sores (one in particular) after he was clean. His skin DID significantly improve over time, though. It did take a few months. He still has that one sore that is chronically making his life a pain (and he got some topical antibiotic ointment which I think is helping).

Some forms of amphetamine only stays in your system 2-7 hours. Other forms stay 2-4 days. Most of the street crap that's out there is in and out relatively quickly, though.

Meth addicts can often have a burning plastic smell to them, or even cat urine (from the chemicals). I'd look at his behavior. Meth addicts usually have a difficult time sitting still when they're high, stay up for all hours of the night then crash for days at a time.

Sorry you're having to go through this. In the end, it's up to you if and how you will trust this friend. If you are having issues believing him, then there's nothing wrong with taking a step back and telling him, "look, I'm just not ready right now. I don't believe you. Please don't take that personally, but you hurt my trust in the past. I need some space."

You have to be willing to recapture your own sanity.