View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
least
bona fido dog-lover

bad dream reflects my mental state

woke up out of a dream that I'd just been fired from a new job assignment. I'd been given a two day crash course in my job requirements and my trainer left me alone to do the job myself. I couldn't do it, couldn't get it right, kept backtracking to get things done and wasn't getting anything done or done right.

The trainer came back to find a mess and I was fired. the job was a compilation of several jobs I've had over the years: factory work, a nursing home job, and a couple others. (my dog was even in the dream!)

Under a lot of stress lately and the brakes just went out on my car and no money to fix them. A lot of situations going on over which I have no control. Feeling in a panic about these events and needs and unable to do anything to remedy them.

Some of my coworkers were friends (more were not) and were sympathetic to my situation but no one was willing to stand up in my defense. An odd thing was: the trainer/boss was a famous movie star, now dead, who was well known for his kindness and patience! (none of which he displayed in his 'dream role')

Very easy to see my life reflected in this dream: everything out of my control and being 'blamed' for what I could not do/do right. No one to defend me and being sent away in disgrace from my only source of income. After being fired I was rushing around trying to return items to their correct places but failing miserably. Woke up in a state of anxiety and fear and desperation.