View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
kj3880

Subs saved my life. For me, they were an easy drug to be on. It is a very normal lifestyle for most of us who were on it. I didn't experience any sort of downside to it. I don't see why switching from methadone to suboxone would be all that different then switching from oxys or heroin to suboxone??? So it will probably be just fine. You will probably feel just fine from the first day you start, if you are anything like most of us.

I would only say, as a caviat, that if you still feel like you need to be high, you should stay with methadone, because that gets you high where suboxone just keeps you kind of normal, for most people. But if you are done getting high, and if your doctor is willing to switch you, it will be a better lifestyle for you.

PM me anytime you want to talk.

Oh, by the way, Dee, who cautioned everyone about not giving medical advice, is actually the forum leader, chosen by Soberrecovery to monitor the board. So he was just performing his service, which he does as a volunteer. He is concerned, as many of us are, that we can be sued or shut down if we get into medical advice. That's why we have to be so careful. Please don't take it personally.

Love,
KJ