View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
freddie4621

Yes, I went from methadone to suboxone

Hi Stacy,
I was on MMTP for many years. I could not bear driving all the way there and back, before I went to work and having to listen to the Nurse tell me, "You'll have to wait for your counselor to come in" even though I had an abbreviated pick up schedule (twice a week) The clinic has too amny BS 'restriction" for a person to live a "normal" life".
So I had them drop me down to 45 mgs very rapidly, and then to thirty when I went into Detox.
I had never thought of Suboxone as an alternative. If it had Narcon it, then to me it was Bad News. But after speaking to both patients and professionals in detox, I thought I'd give it a try.
I had no insurance having been laid off three months previous, just my unemployment insurance, and that was too much money to get on Medicaid. But the hospital worked something out for me and I did it. I went 7 days after the detox with nothing. It was not easy. I felt like somebody had hit me in the head with a sledgehammer. Dazed and confused. Then I was precribed the subs and I felt a great deal better. No more running to the toilet, no more screaming inside my head to go cop to releive the withdrawal symptoms. No more laying awake, punching the wall in frustrated anger. But I wasn't high either. Hey, if you're on a meth clinic, why not try? I first got on a Methadone clinic in 1967 when methadone was cited as a Wonder Drug. You don't want to waste as many years as I did. Oh, and just one thing more. Oftentimes you'll hear things you don't like. I would lose the atitude if I were in your place and try to listen with an open mind. I had to take the cotton out of my ears and put it in my mouth in order to help myself.
Good luck