View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tsmba

I believe the whole concept of opiate receptors and how they function is quite complex. I understand what is said about being in withdrawals prior to induction, but suppose each doc has their own approach. I've known folks who, like me, never experienced precipitated withdrawals, but I would never suggest anyone do anything other than follow a doctor's directions.

I never had a real induction. I was booted from a methadone program after nine years, survived on stockpiled meds, then finally went to a suboxone doc in desperation. For a week or two, I took suboxone along with methadone.

Subutex is something I've never taken. My doc keeps saying that "guidelines" state it is only to be used for induction and for pregnant women. This has created a stir now that a generic subutex is available, but not suboxone. Some docs seem to have no problem prescribing the cheaper med to their patients, while others flat out refuse. This only adds to the financial burden we all face with this ridiculously expensive med. (my script of 90 sells for $580!).