View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NEC4

I have taken subutex, but I took suboxone first so I can't help you too much. My advice is call a doctor that specializes in detoxing their patients with suboxone and/or subutex. Someone in their office will tell you how long they require you to be in withdrawals before they will treat you. You may even ask them (if you can't speak with the doctor) what they can do for you if you are not willing to wait that period of time, and stress the fact that you want to quit but don't want to experience the withdrawals.

Someone already stated suboxone and subutex are one in the same except for the fact that suboxone contains naloxone which is supposed to make it so it can't be abused (intravenously I think?), so assuming this is true I don't know why a doctor would put someone on subutex for one day and then switch them to suboxone! I am no doctor but have been told by my doctor when starting suboxone treatment that the medicine will throw off any opiates from my brain receptors and cause immediate intense withdrawal affects. I have also read something similiar to this and that it can be VERY dangerous. So the point here is that suboxone/subutex binds to brain receptors and eases withdrawal symptoms. Therefore, it seems like one would HAVE to be in withdrawals for it to be effective!?