View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
HereComesTheSun

Alcohol-- sh*t.. alcohol hasn't done anything for me except ruin my life. I’m not kidding. The innocent, driven, hard working girl with direction in my life that I once used to be has turned into a lazy, unproductive, go-through-the-motions depressed drunk over the past 3 years. I’ve failed classes because of it (wasting thousands of dollars), let it ruin what was once an amazing relationship (the man I wanted so badly to marry), lost friends because of it, lost jobs because of it, haven’t saved a f*ckin penny (literally- you know you've got a problem when you work a lunch shift waiting tables and spend the only 15 dollars you made on a pint of mohawk rum, 20 oz coke and the rest at the bar that night), wasted days upon days of my life because of it (so many of which I cannot even remotely remember -- and I'm sure we all know that feeling of regret the next day is the worst feeling ever), hurt my health because of it, put myself in like REALLY risky situations that caused me immense stress after… the list goes on and on and on and on. I hate alcohol. But what I hate most about it is how much I actually love it, and crave it, and the fact that right now it controls my life when I'm just a baby at 22 years old.

Luckily I recognize it, can admit it, tried only once so far (half-heartedly) to quit... I'm praying someday I can pull myself out of it (before it's not too late...)

Whew, that feels good to get that off my chest haha p.s. all of you guys are awesome here. It's times like these when I love living in 2009 because I can just hop on a computer and listen to all you strong people!