View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
whyamistaying

I do feel remorse. I do take care of myself. I have 2 little ones under 5 years old with no childcare except for my parents and manage to go to Al Anon 2x/week and work my job all without help from AH. I am doing something about ME. I am reading my Al Anon books and have read 2x Codependents No More. I am working the steps (although I'm only a several months into Al Anon so even though I think I get to Step 2, I find myself bouncing back to Step 1). I am not doing the same thing over every day....well, maybe living with him means the same thing over every day. So, I am doing something.

Thank you for posting that response from a female. That was heartbreaking. I think the difference is, in my situation, my AH doesn't put words to that. No words at all. My AH never shows any signs of remorse or even verbalizes anything similiar. So it truly is a genuine question, at least in my situation. I don't have any other alcoholics in my life...except my neighbor, but I have limited contact with her.

That letter to my wife from the alcoholic is taped to my frig. It told me more than what my AH has ever been able to tell me.

Maybe I am the minority in that my AH hasn't said any of those things that female did????

Thanks.