View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Thanks everybody! I'm agreeable this evening. I agree with each and every post thus far. If I didn't "thank" anyone yet, the omission was not intentional.

I hear ya though Steve. My Monday HG is what it is. I go to other meetings. Like the meeting today. It's become very structured from what it was.. in that the CP calls on people to share. But they announce in the beginning something to the effect, "If you have a burning desire to get something off your chest, you may propose a topic." But some people just say, "Does anyone have a topic?" Well... 90% of the time, there's silence. Then some chair people step up and say, "I've got a topic." Then I don't have to say under my breath, "Chair the Effing meeting!"

Well, this lady took over the meeting and it looked like it might be a free-for-all circus. But... I thought it turned out to be a pretty good meeting... despite the crosstalk (advice given or not given).

We learned a lot about the word "powerless" as it relates to another person's drinking. It seems to me that the very word "powerless" in cyber world has lost its savvy. But... go find an alky who don't want to quit and try to get them sober. How does that work? If that doesn't describe powerlessness, what does? And this lady used the word "choice" and "bad choices" over and over again. Some people tuned into that a bit and gave some ESH.