View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
navysteve

Well Patrick,
In those TLUC meetings ( You thought I didn't notice that one huh?) they have rules that aren't always conducive to the flow of the spirit in the room. I know when I first came into AA, newcomers at some meetings were encouraged to ask questions, and others would share their experience in that area. And yes, sometimes there was a conversation going back and forth ( how dare they engage in such behavior! Showing concern for the new guy like that by talking with them during the meeting!!!)

Now on the other hand I do agree 100% with:

To me, the simple solution would seem to be have the chairperson come to the meeting WITH a topic.
That is the difference between taking a service position and being of service. The person being of service might actually show up at the meeting prepared, unless the group wants it to be a free flow type of meeting, I have been to some great ones, and I have been to horrible meetings that were structured quite well.

If format were the key to a good meeting we would all have meetings like yours Patrick. I am sure your meeting runs well more because of the spirit of the room and the informed group conscience. That is the key