View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
andyaddict
Certified NA Counselor

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
NA is a big deal to me. Keeping the traditions is a big deal to me, too. I like to get everyone's opinions on here about stuff like this. This is an interesting topic to me. I like to get it right. If you don't enjoy my topics of discussion, don't read my posts. I'm not going to change my analytical nature to suit you.

KJ
I have noticed that you also get defensive if anyone confronts your ideology.

Irony, I believe, is the key to understanding the traditions. It took me a great deal of research, participation, and application to understand.

Just as with the paradoxical slogan of the steps - you got to give it away to keep it - so goes the traditions - you got to let go to keep them.

Most often the ones that run around trying to "enforce" the traditions are doing the greater harm as we are subtly reminded... NA is a self-correcting program.

As for signing, NA has no opinion on how others decide to print their court cards. However, NA members do have the autonomy on whether or not to disclose their phone and social security numbers, birthdate, and name of favorite pet on each and every card.

Me, I put the date, time, and location of said meeting and an illegible signature, any more than that I scratch out (put a line through or an N/A).

andyaddict
Los Angeles