View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sosad2008

Wooten
I wish I were in your situation. To me it would be a simple decision. I would not get involved or marry with an alcoholic. I am married almost a year and a half to my AH. He pretty much hid this from me before we married (we spent the two year courtship in a long distance relationship).

My husband is what you call functioning alcoholic. He has been able to maintain a job and makes a good living allowing us to live comfortably without me working. The problem is he is an accident waiting to happen. He is overweight, has signs of liver problems, and drives intoxicated several times a week. Now he has taken up with marijuana. He is our only source of income as I quit my good paying job and moved to his small town. At first he tried to stop, but he started again. Now, he drinks so much that he can't stop.

I am seeing a psychyatrist trying to get through this. I can't really talk to anyone about his...my family or his family or my friends. It is too embarrassing. I don't know where this is going to end. I am scared for my future.

Knowing what I know now, I would would just "passed" only any relationship with a guy who had an alcohol dependency....even if they were sober before.

I can't imagine why you want to continue this...especially if you have a young child. You are just setting yourself up for more trouble down the road...why do you want to knowingly do that to yourself and your young child?!